Australia Day food and wine guide - Part 2
Welcome to part two of our Australia Day wine and food guide, where we match Australia Day lunches with the ideal Australian wine. The wines chosen are all exceptional value for money.
In part one we matched wines for main dishes. Today in part two we’re covering entrées and desserts.
Fresh oysters: Sparkling wine
- Pirie Sparkling - a multiple trophy winner, only $28.50
- Chandon Vintage Brut - $27.90, down from $31.40
- More sparkling wines…
Pan seared scallops: Sauvignon Blanc
- McLaren Vale III Associates Sauvage Sauvignon Blanc - $10.83, down from $20 - that’s 46% off
- Lindeman’s Bin 95 Sauvignon Blanc - $4.70, down from $6.65
- More Sauvignon Blanc…
Antipasto platter: Rosé
- Shadowfax Minnow Rosé - $21.90 in cases of 12, down from $42.80 - that’s half price!
- Port Phillip Estate Salasso Rosé - $20.89, down from $22.99
- More Rosé…
Cheese platter: Pinot Gris, Pinot Grigio or Verdelho
- Red Claw Pinot Gris - $18, down from $23.80
- De Bortoli La Bohemme Act Three Pinot Gris - $17.10, down from $18.10
- Sirromet Vineyard Selection Verdelho - $16.20
- More Pinot Gris…
- More Pinot Grigio…
- More Verdelho…
Pavlova: Sparkling Moscato
Happy Australia Day!
PS: Don’t forget to read part one which matches wine for lamb and more seafood dishes.
Andrew Kesper •